Home > Article > 10 TIPS TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE IN VANCOUVER
10 TIPS TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE IN VANCOUVER
- Scam calls are common. If the call is from an unknown number don’t pick it up!
- Like any major city in the world, Vancouver does have crime. Be aware of your surroundings when you are on the streets and trust your intuition.
- The weather in Vancouver is very unpredictable. An umbrella is a must no matter where you go. P.s. The weather forecast is not to be trusted!
- Tap water is safe to drink in Vancouver. You can always use the water fountains placed around the campus to get free water!
- The sun sets early during the fall and winter months. On some days during December, the sun sets as early as 4:30 pm! Keep this in mind when planning your timetable.
- Public transportation: Compass cards need to be purchased separately but are still cheaper than using cash or credit. But if you’re under 19, you get it for a cheaper rate! Find out more here.
- Many shops and restaurants in Vancouver are participating vendors of SPC, which stands for Student Price Card. With this card, students can receive discounts. You can go to the Bookstore at Columbia College to get yours.
- Be aware of scam rental ads online. Do not pay for anything until you check the accommodation in person.
- Using the public transit can sometimes be confusing. Make sure to plan ahead of time and leave earlier than you think you need to.
- Check out Daily Hive Vancouver before arriving into the city for more up-to-date blog posts about Vancouver.
We hope these tips are helpful. As always, don’t hesitate to say hi or ask us questions when you’re at the college! Student Services is located on the second floor of the Main Campus in Room 211. We serve both Main Campus and North Campus students and assist you with college life – whether you want to join a club, participate in an event, find a job, or just chat with an academic advisor, we’re here to make sure you find what you need to make your time at the college the best ever.
1957 W 62ND AVENUE 2009 | 7 Beds| 6 Baths $4,790,000
TH4 6659 SOUTHOAKS CRESCENT 2003 | 3 Beds| 3 Baths $999,000
805 7360 ELMBRIDGE WAY 2008 | 2 Beds| 2 Baths $599,000
3771 ROSAMOND AVENUE 2016 | 5 Beds| 6 Baths $2,599,000
33 12351 NO. 2 ROAD 2012 | 3 Beds| 3 Baths $988,000
313 10838 WHALLEY BOULEVARD 2020 | 2 Beds| 2 Baths $510,000
3981 W 21ST AVENUE 1929 | 6 Beds| 5 Baths $3,080,000
675 DUNCAN AVENUE 1963 | 5 Beds| 2 Baths $1,498,000